WRRC Grand Prix
Epic Racing Series Open To All Club Members
This will be the 16th year for this WRRC racing series, open to all club members.
In order to qualify, a member must do four or more of a series of twelve races listed below. Family membership qualifies all family members individually.
Our GP series offers a variety of terrains, trails and distances. This year, the events include (4) 5K’s, (2) 4-Mile Runs, (2) 10K’s, (2) 15K’s and (2) Half-Marathon’s and (1) Full Marathon. The scoring system is designed to give a bit of motivation to all participants. Participation is valued as well as speed. This year you have the option of running the NHRMC Full Marathon or the Half Marathon and or Battleship Half Marathon. If you run in both NHRMC and Battleship we will only use your best score of the two for scoring purposes
All twelve events will be scored and added. By running all or most events, a runner will add points and may move up in final placement. In other words, if you run more events you may out-score a faster runner who didn't participate in as many events.
The rules are as follows:
· You must remain a club member in good standing to continue to be scored in Grand Prix.
· A runner must finish a minimum of four (4) race events for Grand Prix consideration.
· Entrant's age is determined by the date of the first Grand Prix event entrant runs.
· You must run in the Grand Prix event to be scored, based on printed race results.
· Awards will be given to the top two over-all male and female in 15 various age groups.
· Age groups consist of 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, and 75 & over.
Points will be awarded for each of the twelve races as follows: Everyone gets 5 points for finishing. There will be points given for Age Group place finishers among WRRC members as follows: first (10 points); second (8 points); third (6 points); fourth (4 points); and fifth (2 points.) We have added 2 - 5 point bonus events - Participate in the American Cancer Relay for Life (April) and Participate in our Club’s Battle on the Border with the Myrtle Beach Running Club (July).
Please note that some events have races of more than one distance, only one of the races will be eligible for Grand Prix points, so make plans to do the correct event.
The Grand Prix eligible races for 2018. Dates are tentative and will be updated as they are announced.
The standings will be updated on the WRRC website and/or in news updates or newsletters as the year progresses; and awards will be presented at the annual WRRC Christmas party in December.
Contact David Flory – firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, scoring corrections or omissions.